I’d like to consider that I’ve been living away from home for more than half a year now. National Service included.
In these…July, August, September, October, November, December, January…7 months, I’m quite amazed that I’ve lasted so long.
Since I’ve been living away from home:-
1) I’ve not ironed any of my clothes since the first month of living away from home. Hee. I just flap it around to ease out the creases. Got a problem with that?
2) I’ve got holes in the crotch area of my denim shorts that I’ve been *meaning* to mend. No, they died because of a heavy dosage of detergent-not by any other means,you sick pervert.
3) I’ve learnt that dust on the floor doesn’t kill you.
4) Ants in my food only mean extra protein. Immuned adi.
5) Smell? What smell?
6) Newspapers are really useful. You can cover the carcass of a cockroach with it so that you do not offend your housemates/you can wipe away cockroach juice/you can crunch it into balls and throw at cockroaches…etc.
7) I’ve been cooking my housemates dinners FOC because they wouldn’t let me chip in for their petrol bill. Tit for tat what.
8) I am an Internet addict. This is no joke. And I don’t want to be cured. Coz too much of my precious internet time will be wasted when I’m away for counselling.
9) I’ve used more colour pencils than I’ve ever did in the past ….10 years.
10) I can actually be quite a bitch. I suppose it happens when you are forced to live with people.
11) I have socks in my trainers that I’ve not taken out since the 3rd day I was in Kedah. I just sent it to the dobi last week.
12) I’ve discovered that chinese coffeeshops have big screen projections of chinese serials that I love.
13) Clogged up hair in the manhole is not a good idea.
14) Ridsect Combat is good shit. No cockroaches for two weeks now.
15) Women who live together CAN actually get their periods together. It’s true, I read about it somewhere before. And it is happening now.
16) Understood the price and taste of freedom. (lacking of it, not getting more)
17) Realised that if it wasn’t for human connections, I’d have died of boredom a long time ago.
18) Bras don’t have to be washed that often.
19) My panties are falling apart due to strong detergent.
20) I’ve learnt how to order cold chinese tea in Hokkien. Sing Ket Teh!